5 Best Desktop PCs Under £500
With recent technological advancements, you can easily get a budget-friendly PC that will effectively perform all your tasks, from handling programs and files to loading multiple applications at once.
Even better, you don’t have to break the bank in the process. This article reviews the top 5 superior quality PCs you can get for less than £500.
Which Desktop Computer Brand Is Most Reliable?
Microsoft is hands-down the most reliable computer brand.
From their cutting-edge technology to good-performance hardware, it is easy to see why they are a computer industry giant.
You can never go wrong with Microsoft, but if you are looking for reliability plus affordability, Lenovo could be the way to go.
What Should You Look for When Buying a Desktop Computer?
A PC is more than the monitor (screen) and the features you can see at a glance. When shopping, check the following:
- Processor – Also called the CPU, this is your computer’s brain. It isn’t easy to upgrade once installed, so you should choose it carefully the first time.
- Operating System – The OS is how you interact with your computer. If you are purchasing an Apple desktop, you want Mac OS and Windows for any other PC.
- RAM – This is your computer’s short-term memory and is what works with processing power to help you run programs and tasks. It is usually measured in gigabytes (GB), and at the least, you want an 8GB RAM.
- Storage – Different from RAM, it is where your computer stores data long-term. Unless you need massive storage spaces, around 500GB to 1TB will do.
- Monitor – This is the screen and is usually sold separately unless the PC is all-in-one. When choosing it, check the resolution, size, and your budget.
- Keyboard and Mouse – Unless you are a gamer, you won’t need a dedicated mouse and normal models sold with the computer will do.
Can You Get a Good PC Under 500?
Absolutely. While costlier PCs provide you with high-quality services, there is nothing to imply that a budget-friendly PC will not cater to all your needs.
There are currently numerous desktop computer choices from reliable brands for people who want a PC that runs effectively has sufficient storage and good graphics but doesn’t blow their budget.
Intel or AMD: Which Is Better?
Intel and AMD are all excellent processors that are often pitted against each other.
Intel processors provide good CPU performance and often come with iGPU.
Additionally, they are well suited to single-core boosts and carrying out short workloads as they clock higher (over 5.0 GHz) than their counterparts.
That said, Intel processors use up a lot of battery life and consume power at high rates.
In contrast, AMD processors are very efficient and have commendable iGPU and CPU performance, but clock lower (up to 5.0 GHz) than Intel processors.
That said, they don’t heat up when used with speed boost, run longer on battery, and are cheaper than Intel processors at the same range.
What Is the Best Desktop Computer Under 500 Pounds?
Lenovo IdeaCentre A340 (All in One PC)
The Lenovo IdeaCentre A340 is an all-in-one desktop computer that is perfectly suited to daily basic computing tasks.
The main advantage of this Lenovo PC is that it allows for a clean and tidy working space between your PC’s components due to its slim and orderly design.
Furthermore, this PC comes with unique features like added security and Cortana.
It comes with the 3-in-1 SD card reader for increased storage, and has other unique features that include …
- All-in-One Design: The stunning A340 AIO PC will look great in any room with its elegant base and stand, this 21.5 Inch all-in-one takes up minimal space on your office desk
- Exceptional viewing experience: With an adjustable near-edgeless 22-inch FHD WVA monitor, the A340 is perfect for comfortable working with a wider viewing angle for visual quality
- Runs like a dream: Even when your workload gets hectic, the A340 multi-tasks seamlessly with Intel Core i3 processing, 4 GB DIMM DDR4 and 1 TB HDD storage
- Your privacy counts: The IdeaCentre All-in-one enables you to livestream with ease while keeping your world private with a TrueBlock privacy shutter to hide your webcam whenever you want to
- Keep organised: With a built-in cable tidy attached to the stand your desk stays clutter-free, even when you connect the bundled accessories - 1 x USB Calliope Keyboard and 1 x USB Calliope Mouse
DELL OptiPlex 5070 Micro Desktop PC (Best for Home Office)
The Dell OptiPlex 5070 is most certainly the most affordable type of Dell Desktop PCs.
Its portability (weighs only 1.17 kg) and fast wireless networking and Ethernet cards also make it the best suited for home office works.
Furthermore, it comes with solid-state drive storage and a powerful 9th Generation processor by Intel with a base speed of 2.20 GHz.
It allows you to comfortably bring your work home thanks to its upgraded BIOS system configuration for your office system.
Other unique features include …
Acer Aspire XC (Best for Photo Editing)
The Acer Aspire XC comes with an impressively powerful graphics card and 1TB supplied storage, making it the best choice for photo editors and graphic designers.
It is also ideal for daily computing operations due to its massive collection of ports and other special features that include:
- A 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor provides the power to move through tasks as they arise
- Enjoy more of your favourite media with plenty of storage space
- Enjoy up to 3 times faster wireless performance than before with 80211ac Wi-Fi
- Listen to voices and special effects with increased clarity with HD 51 Surround Sound
- A sizable 16-litre chassis provides plenty of extra space for future expansion
Lenovo Desktop PC V530S (Best for Students)
The Lenovo Desktop PC V530S is ideal for business people, professional employees, students, and tech graduates.
This is because of its generous array of port selections and 9th Gen.
PC that functions with a base speed of 2.90 GHz to a maximum turbo speed of 4.0 GHz. Additionally, it boasts of unique security features such as the TPM 2.0. Other features are …
- Small device, big performance
- Keeps IT happy
- Lets your business do more
- Keeps your data secure
- Protects the environment and your bottom line
Lenovo ThinkCentre M90n Nano Desktop PC (Best Budget)
This Lenovo ThinkCentre M90n Nano Desktop PC is well known for its impressive size and price – it is the most affordable PC on this list.
Thanks to its miniature size and horizontal design, it not only enables you to carry out daily tasks easily but to comfortably multitask for long periods. Other features include …
When looking for the right desktop computer for your home office, everyday use, school work, or designing business, your focus should be on which PC will best perform your daily operations.
This list of the best desktop PC under 500 (UK) is a great place to start.
Remember, s less expensive PC is not an inferior computer, and you can get a lot from such a budget save while maintaining your bank account.
*This page may contain affiliate links.
Author: Alen Stefanovic Topic: Budget-Friendly PC
Last update on 2021-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API